You are welcome in our school at any time. To better assist you and allow classes to progress without disruption and to ensure that only authorized persons have contact with our pupils, please report to the building main office, sign in and received a Visitor’s Badge. Thank-you for helping us to keep our children safe and secure!
Visitors in Our Schools
The board of education encourages parents and other district citizens to visit the district’s schools and classrooms to observe the work of students, teachers and other staff. Since schools are a place of work and learning, however, certain limits must be set for such visits. The building principal or his or her designee is responsible for all persons in the building and on the grounds. For these reasons, the following rules apply to visitors to the schools:
• Anyone who is not a regular staff member or student of the school will be considered a visitor.
• All visitors to the school must report to the Main Office upon arrival at the school. There they will be required to register, and must present a valid drivers’ license or official ID. They will then be issued a visitor’s identification badge, which must be worn at all times while in the school or on school grounds. All visitors must exit via the main entrance of the school when their visit is complete.
• Visitors attending school functions that are open to the public, such as parent-teacher organization meetings or public gatherings, are not required to register.
• Parents or citizens who wish to observe a classroom while school is in session are required to arrange such visits in advance with the classroom teacher(s) and building principal so that class disruption is kept to a minimum.
• Teachers are expected not to take class time to discuss individual matters with visitors.
• Any unauthorized person on school property will be reported to the principal or his or her designee. Unauthorized persons will be asked to leave. The police may be called if the situation warrants.
• All visitors are expected to abide by the rules for public conduct on school property contained in this code of conduct.